The AccuRibbon® DC Cable from OFS uses the same robust sheath as its cable cousin, the gel-filled AccuRibbon LXE Cable. However, the core of the all-dry AccuRibbon DC Cable contains absolutely no gels or messy filling compounds, which eliminates the costly labor of removing gel and oil from each fiber ribbon prior to splicing and helps your tools and your work space stay cleaner.
The construction of the AccuRibbon DC Cable begins with its dry central core tube, which contains a gel-free, water-blocking tape and either up to eighteen 12-fiber AccuRibbon units (12 to 216 fi bers) or up to eighteen 24-fiber AccuRibbon units (264 to 432 fibers). Surrounding the central tube is an additional layer of water-blocking tape and an optional layer of armor. Completing the construction of the AccuRibbon DC Cable is a highdensity polyethylene (HDPE) jacket with integrated metallic or dielectric strength members. Ripcords are strategically located beneath the jacket for easy cable entry.
Features and Benefits:
- Totally dry, gel-free cable design for cleaner, faster installations
- A significantly lighter weight cable for faster and easier cable deployment
- AccuRibbon core maximizes fibers per duct and supports mass-fusion splicing
- Metallic and dielectric sheath options support lashed aerial, direct buried, and duct installations
- Up to 432 fibers, and still small enough for a one inch duct
- Compliant with ANSI/ICEA, Telcordia (Bellcore), and IEC specifications for reliable performance
- Available with OFS AllWave® Zero Water Peak (ZWP) Single-Mode Fiber, as well as TrueWave® Single-Mode Fibers