The Multiport Service Terminal (MST) incorporates hardened connector technology that is designed to withstand the rugged outside plant environment. These uniquely designed hardened connectors are factory-terminated and environmentally sealed for use in optical drop cable deployments.
Hardened Cables are environmentally robust to provide a reliable interface for fiber drop cables in the outside plant environment. At the same time, the hardened connector approach dramatically reduces splicing labor requirements. The rugged optical connector is hardened to protect against extreme temperature, moisture, UV, chemical exposure and other harsh conditions typically found in the outside plant.
- Robust environmental performance: Withstands extremes in temperature and conditions
- Technician-friendly features: Intuitive design for ease of use
- Decreased installation and incremental maintenance hours: Significant savings
- Protection: Self-contained unit features hardened connectors for superior durability and reliability in the drop segment of the network
- Compatibility: Interoperability with industry standard hardened connectors
Benefits of Hardened Connector Architecture:
- The ultimate “Plug and Play” solution for durable and reliable service connection in the outside plant/drop segment of the network
- Technician-friendly and greatly simplifies installation and maintenance by minimizing splicing required on the distribution side of the network
- Cost effective solutions that provide for lower overall installed costs throughout the FTTX network
- Facilitates easy troubleshooting as maintenance can be done at the MST by simply unplugging a connector rather than breaking a splice or going directly to the side of the home