The Indoor Fiber Distribution Hub (IFDH) products are designed to organize and administer fiber optic cables and passive optical splitters in an inside plant environment typically found at the MDU. These enclosures are used to connect feeder and distribution cables via optical splitters in a Fiber-to-the-Premises (FTTP) network application. The FDH product provides a vital cross-connect / interconnect interface for optical transmission signals at the MDU.
The IFDH hardware and components support the architectural flexibility of FTTP allowing fast and reliable interconnection between equipment and cables. The enclosure provides mechanical protection for cables, splices, connectors and passive optical splitters. In addition the product is designed to accommodate a range of fiber counts and support factory installation of pigtails, fanouts, and splitters.
The IFDH enclosure is designed for front access via a swing frame configuration. The unit accommodates either riser or indoor/outdoor cables via sealed grommet entry. Cables are secured with standard grip clamps to provide required pull out strength. The IFDH provides grounding for metallic members and for the cabinet.
Features of the FDH3000 Indoor Fiber Distribution Hub:
- Integrated splice tray offers flexible splice management for individual or full splice capacity
- Sealed enclosures protect fibers from dust, water spray, insects and other contaminants
- Accommodates high-density pre-terminated configurations, typically 72, 144, 288 or 432 fibers
- Accommodates high-density modular splitter options, 1x16, 1x32, dual 1x4 or dual 1x8
- Identification and labeling assure product traceability and ease of identification
- Tested to NEMA-12
- Tested to GR-3123
- Complete fiber management allows for flexible re-arrangement
- Cable management and routing limits bend radius and adds strain relief
- 216-Tool (can wrench), key lock or padlock offers flexible security options
- Traditional swing frame design allows for superior rear access
- Rack, wall or pad mountable
- Bend insensitive fiber on splitter outputs
- True plug-and-play splitter technology