The Gator splice closure is a small butt splice closure primarily designed for splicing two loose tube “flat drop” style cables of 1 to 12 fibers in above ground, below grade, and direct buried applications.
This splice closure uses gel sealing technology to create a sealed closure system that will fit into confined areas such as small “flowerpot” style handholes.
The Gator splice closure incorporates unique cable hold down and strength member termination features and is capable of holding either fusion or mechanical splices. Simply closing the lid and base creates a sealed closure system; no separate grommets, mixing of chemicals, or tools are required.
Tone wires can also be terminated outside of the closure using the included hardware.
Features and Benefits
- Compatible with most flat drop cable types
- Accommodates up to 12 single fibers, 12 ribbonized fibers, or one 12 fiber ribbon
- Gel sealing
- Toning wire hardware included
- Small size: 7.5" x 5.8" x 1.2" thick
- Two mounting tabs are integrated into the closure base to allow easy mounting
- Re-enterable but not re-usable