Draka’s ezSPAN ADSS Long Span version provides reliable self-support performance for up to 2,500 feet (760 meters).
Each ezSPAN ADSS cable is custom engineered for optimum placement on utility towers and to operate under full weather load, ensuring safe reliable lifetime performance.
For installation on high-voltage lines up to 275 kV, an optional track-resistant jacket prevents dry-band arcing damage. Available up to 288 fibers, cables greater than 72 fibers utilize a 24 fiber per tube design to reduce environmental load (12 fibers per tube design also available for fiber counts of 84-144).
Proven Long Span Installation & Use
- Tailored designs span distances up to 2,500’ (760 m) without interrupting power
- Higher count designs utilize 24 fiber per tube to reduce environmental load
- Matching pole attachment hardware (dead-ends, suspension clamps)
Easy Cable Entry & Preparation
- Ripcord speeds cable entry & outer jacket removal
- Swellable binders speed cable preparation
- Available BendBright bend-tolerant single-mode fiber
- 2.6mm tube with 12 fibers per tube; 3.0mm tube with 24 fibers per tube
Reliable Lifetime Performance
- Custom engineered for operation under full load
- Available with zero fiber strain at the maximum rated cable load (MRCL) or with a safe strain design limiting fiber strain to 0.20%.
- Optional track-resistant jacket prevents dry-band arching damage for line voltages = 275 kV (= 25kV space potential)
- Guaranteed standards-based performance
- Exclusive ColorLock® fiber coating (single-mode) for permanent embedded color & long-term performance