Draka’s all-dielectric armor loose tube cable provides all the benefits of Draka’s loose tube cable along with enhanced mechanical protection. Multiple layers of fiberglass provide dielectric armoring, superior tensile strength, and protection from small rodents.
Enhanced Mechanical Protection
- All-dielectric armor provides enhanced mechanical and protection from small rodents.
- 1000 lbf tensile strength – 66% higher strength compared to standard loose tube cable.
- Multiple layers of fiberglass armoring between 2 polyethylene jackets maintain cable flexibility and easy cable handling, especially during cable terminations.
- Thicker outer jacket of high density polyethylene (HDPE) provide enhanced durability.
- Suitable for aerial lashed, duct & direct buried applications.
Easy Cable Entry & Termination
- 16 to 20 foot mid-span buffer tube storage capability, allowing for easy mid-cable access.
- 2.5 mm flexible polypropylene buffer tubes provide flexibility for easy routing in closures up to 288 fibers.
- Available with BendBright-XS® fiber which has a bending loss 100 times lower than single-mode fiber.
Reliable Lifetime Performance
- Tested for resistance against small rodents
- Colorlock® fiber coating for long lasting fiber reliability and color vibrancy.
- Proven water-blocking with swellable core elements.
- Available with gel or gel-free buffer tubes
- Guaranteed standards-based performance