ALTOS® Lite™ Single-Jacket/Single-Armor Cables are lightweight, reduced-diameter, armored cables designed for direct burial, duct and aerial (lashed) installation.
The loose tube design provides stable performance over a wide temperature range and is compatible with any telecommunications-grade optical fiber.
Features & Benefits:
- Corrugated steel tape armor provides rodent resistance for direct-buried applications
- Flexible, craft-friendly buffer tubes are easy to route in closures
- Standard buffer tube size reduces the number of access tools required by craft personnel
- Cables incorporate an innovative waterblocking design, eliminating the need for traditional flooding compound and providing efficient and craft-friendly cable preparation
- S-Z stranded, loose tube design isolates fibers from installation and environmental rigors and facilitates midspan access
- Dielectric strength members have no preferential bend and require no bonding or grounding
- Medium-density PE jacket is rugged, durable and easy to strip
- Meets industry standards and specifications including ICEA-640 and Telcordia GR-20, and is listed with RDUP (formerly RUS)
- Up to 75 ft of buffer tube can be stored in splice closures and pedestals, providing flexibility for midspan access