2529 Fibrlok™ II Universal Optical Fiber Splice
The Fibrlok II Optical Fiber Splice provides a precise, simple and low cost method of splicing optical fiber. The splice design utilizes an articulated metallic splicing element held inside a molded plastic body and cap to provide a fast, permanent, low-loss splice. Assembly of the Fibrlok II Splice requires only removal of the fiber coating, and cleaning and cleaving of the fiber.
After preparation, the two fibers are inserted into the Fibrlok Splice. The assembly tool is then used to close the cap, forcing the clamping and locating surfaces against the fibers and aligning the fibers precisely and permanently in place.
The Fibrlok II 2529 Universal Optical Fiber Splice was designed for splicing any combination of 250 to 900 micron coated fibers. Utilizing field-proven Fibrlok technology, the 2529 Universal Splice provides a singlesplice size, as well as all the advantages and benefits of the original Fibrlok II Optical Fiber Splice.
The Universal Optical Fiber Splice is fully compatible with the original Fibrlok and Fibrlok II Optical Fiber Splices, splice trays and organizers. The Fibrlok Universal Splice utilizes the same assembly tool and easy strip, clean, cleave and splice procedure as the original splices, minimizing the need for additional product training.
The 2529 Universal Splice provides a single cleave length for 250 and 900 micron coated fibers. It has the ability to “reposition” fibers for improved splicing yield, provides individually sealed compartments for the enclosed splices because of the new compact splice package.
The 2529 Splice insertion loss averages less than 0.10 dB. Fiber retention is greater than one-pound minimum. The splice displays superior thermal stability, delivering stable performance from -40° to 80°C (-40° to 176°F).
The Fibrlok II Universal Optical Fiber Splice can be used with either single-mode or multimode fibers with a (nominal) glass cladding diameter of 125 microns.
· High performance, permanent fiber optic splices - Fast-30 second installation time
· Splices both single-mode and multimode fibers - Reduces inventory requirements
· Minimum tooling requirements - Low capital cost
· No epoxy or electricity required - Easy on-site installation in any splicing environment
· A single cleave length for 250 and 900 micron splicing - Increased splicing productivity
· The ability to “reposition” fibers - Improved splicing yield
· Six splices each in a compact package - Ease of use, convenience
· Single splice for any coating size 250-900 - Reduced inventory