The Gel-Sealed Fiber Optic Splice Closure FOSC-450 is a mechanical butt closure based on the well-established FOSC 400 mass and single element splice closure.
The gel used for sealing the cables is applied as a unique wrap-around module which gives a reliable, simple seal without the use of tapes or grommets. Gel seal cable terminations automatically adjust to cable size and shape, require no special tools, and allow easy cable removal. They are also completely re-usable.
- • Single-ended thermoplastic closure
- • Base and dome sealed with clamp and O-ring system
- • Six round ports for single cable entry/exit
- • Pre-installed gel profile in wrap-around block for cable sealing
- • FOSC splice trays are hinged for access to any splice without disturbing other trays
- • Compatible with most cable types (single fiber or ribbon) and cable constructions (loose tube, central core, slotted core)
- • Uncut or expressed loose tubes can be stored in storage baskets