The OptiWay™ Media Converter Network Interface Device is designed for advanced fiber access networks.
The OptiWay NID is a cost-effective and reliable solution for terminating fiber to an active media converter in the outside plant environment. The NID offers a protective housing for the media converter as well as providing cable management for fiber optic cable, power cable, CAT 5 and coaxial cable. This NID is ideal for fiber-to-the-business and fiber-to-the-building applications.
Additional Features & Benefits
- Designed to house active media converters for FTTx applications
- Molded of engineering-grade thermoplastic that is flame-retardant and impact-resistant over a temperature range of -40° to +65°C
- Snap-tight cover ensures a weather-resistant seal
- Large entry grommets and cable storage area provide easy, clean cable management
- Larger interior dimensions provide room for multiple cable outlets and slack storage space for fiber, CAT 5 and power cables while maintaining minimum cable bend radius
- Designed to house media converters or optional fiber patch panels