For cable operators looking to reduce CAPEX by decreasing footprint in their headends, collapse OTNs/hubs, or save on powering, the CHP CORWave® Dual Density (CHP CORWave DW) 1 GHz multi-wavelength forward transmitter provides an immediate 50% decrease in the number of physical devices needed for forward path transmission and some of the lowest power consumption among comparable forward transmitters in the industry.
The CHP CORWave DW, with 2 lasers in a single-wide application module, increases revenue by allowing other application modules to be added for new capacity and new services without increasing the current footprint.
It is available in a power conserving, single density option (CHP CORWave SW) consisting of a single laser in a single-wide application module, for use where physical footprint is not considered an issue. The CORWave multi-wavelength plan allows fiber reclamation and leverages the existing fiber infrastructure for up to 4 multiplexed O-band wavelengths and up to 30 km reach over as few as one fiber.
- Maximize fiber assets with up to 4 O-Band wavelengths (starting at 1291 nm) and 30 km reach, designed for both analog and digital channel loading
- Optimize headend and hub efficiencies with industry leading density and low power consumption
- Fixed or variable output powers support multiple optical architectures including full spectrum and overlay
- Front or rear fiber connections enable flexible installations
- Configure, monitor, and manage with CORView™ Element Management System